Moms have a tough job of being the nurturing parent and working full-time for most households. Jumping from one role to another in a never ending cycle gets extremely tiring! Wouldn’t it be nice if you could surprise your mom with a fun and unique gift on Mother’s Day?
Since we specialize in creating custom steel buildings for our customers, our staff came up with some great uses for our buildings that any mother would love to have as a little get away from the home, even if it’s just in the backyard.
Meditation rooms can serve multiple purposes from yoga, tea or Zen room. Whatever your mom’s style is the room needs to serve one purpose. Be a place where you can melt away your stresses and gain a tranquil state of peace.
There's a few key components you need to follow so you can make the best meditation room for mom:
- Keep the room simple and inviting.
Add some soothing sound in the room.
- A small table at the center of the room as a focal point, mats and pillows are important for comfort and keeping it simple.
Fill the room with relaxing aromas.
- This can be an iPod with a small speaker playing calming music or a small fountain with the ambient sound of the water can give you that soothing and calming nature sound.
A personal touch to round out the room.
- The easiest way to achieve this is through scented candles. Not only do they fill the meditation room with a beautiful scent, but they provide a warm candle light ambience in the room.
- Find out what your mom likes or feels at peace with. Add those items in the meditation room so it will reflect her personality.
If you need some ideas to spark the build process, you can refer to Pinterest and see all the user’s boards like this one from jillfla or YouTube videos on creating a meditation room.
If your mother has an artistic mind, building a little art studio in the backyard would definitely bring a smile to her face. Art studios can vary depending on the style of art your mother likes to work with, but there’s some basics you need to make sure the room has before we get into the specifics:
- This will ensure the studio won't be invaded by bugs or unwanted moisture that can ruin the art work.
- This is a must when working with any volatile painting supplies that can cause dizziness or make you feel faint.
- An exhaust fan connected to an outside pipe to remove the fumes inside the studio as well as a few open windows will be sufficient to keep the studio air clean.
- Lighting is just as important as the art supplies used.
- If you're limited on sunlight, you should install a full spectrum bulb that will mimic natural sunlight. This will let the artist see colors and their work of art without any bias filters.
An art studio is a very special place for the artist and they should have some input while it’s being created. We suggest you have your mother involved with the build process, right after you tell her you’re giving her a backyard art studio.
Your mother is a health junkie and loves to workout, but can’t seem to do it as often as she would like. Then, a home gym would be a great Mother’s Day surprise. Depending on the type of workout she likes to do, typically having the basic gym equipment will be able to fulfill the criteria of getting the most out of a workout.
We’ve listed a few items you’ll need to have in the workout space:
- The size of the building is adequate for the gym equipment that will be added.
Flooring that is easy to walk on and can be cleaned up with no fuss.
- You don't want an area that is too big to lose the workout momentum.
- At the same time you don't want an area that's too cramped to move around freely.
Essential gym equipment
- Workout tiles or rubber floors.
Air circulation and ventilation
- Treadmill or elliptical for cardio
- Freeweight dumbbells from 5 lbs to 25 lbs
- Yoga mat
- Pull-up bar
- Jump rope
- Step box
- Small bench/chair
- Working out can make people hot and sweaty, it's best to install a fan in the workout space to circulate the air and help cool the room.
- Adding a few windows or a ventilation port will help keep fresh air circulated through the room.
Modern mothers have a variety of interests; we would love to hear other ideas on ways to transform a steel building into a fun area for mom. We hope these ideas will spark something for you to get your mom, if you need us to create one of the buildings for you. Give us a call and we’ll create something special for you and your mom.